Thursday, October 5

Star Wars

Star Wars

So the new Star Wars movie is coming out soon! Number 'lord knows' in the ever expanding series!! Haha I am not complaining though, Star Wars has a massive cult following and I am glad that the hordes of people who love it are getting catered for. The films are high action blockbusters and I saw the 1st 3 at the cinema and I did rather enjoy them at the time but not in the fanatical loving way that many seem to have for them. The prequels that followed always struck me as a strange idea to be honest. They should have just carried on with the sequels whilst the characters we loved from them were still young and vital in my opinion, rather than show us baby Vader. How were we meant to feel and root for the character, or feel any trepidation at his pod racing when we knew his time of death exactly already??

Check out this silly video I did for the Royal Mail Star Wars stamps that came out in October 2017



With Disney's acquisition of the franchise all manner of new Star Wars projects are in the works apparently, I am not sure how many have been green lit, but we had Rogue One the Prequel to the 1st film, which is the 4th in the story sequence, (or is it the 5th now?)! There is also a young Han Solo movie in the works and I did hear talk of a Boba Fett movie, although that was perhaps wishful thinking. I never really collected the Star Wars toys as a kid and I just found out very recently that they ushered in the death knell of my favourite toys ever, the Action Man! I did have a large sized Boba Fett figure though which I sold during an Ebay frenzy a few years back. I very much regret that now as he was in great condition. I have just realised that if you are unfamiliar with the Star Wars timeline it does get a bit freaky! Then you have the expanded universe of the books and graphic novels based on the characters and the cartoons too of course. I am not sure how many of these stories are still considered canon any longer. I imagine being a Star Wars fanatic must be a bit confusing!



 

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...