Wednesday, June 13

Castle Greyskull


I had a look through my Masters of the Universe toys HERE way back in October and promised then to do a video of my Castle Greyskull, sorry it took me so long but here it is at last. I've not watched any other videos of Castle Greyskull but I think the condition of mine is pretty good, other than it being dusty as heck and a little handle broken off of the sentry gun. I realise as well that the Castle set came with a weapons rack complete with weapons which I know I have in a bag with the action figures.

The 1st Castle Greyskull action set came in 1982, I am not sure how many versions there were and which set I have but I would guess I got this one around about 1983/84, so I'm guessing it's of the 1st set and the other set never came until the 2002 relaunch.

In the lore of Masters of the Universe King Greyskull is Prince Adam's ancestor, in his time the castle was very different and was a centre of great knowledge known as the Hall of Wisdom. In a cataclysmic final battle defending his kingdom and all of Eternia from Hordak, the bottomless abyss that surrounds the castle was created. After King Greyskull's death the Hall and it's secrets were left in the care of his advisers, the Elders, who foresaw a great coming evil but also prophesized He-man. They concentrated their power to create the Orb of Wisdom and stored it and Greyskull's Sword of Power in the Crystal Chamber which is hidden underneath a secret trapdoor. They turned the Hall into Castle Greyskull to scare away intruders and protect the Orb.

By Prince Adam's time the Castle is largely forgotten and is inhabited by the Sorceress and a rarely seen, mysterious Spirit of Greyskull. We see Man-at-Arms lead Prince Adam to the castle where he receives Greyskull's Sword and this has "The Power" to turn him into He-Man. Skeletor and his forces of evil seek to get into the Castle to steal the powerful secrets housed there so he will be able to conquer Eternia.

In the 1987 live-action movie The Masters of the Universe, Skeletor finally takes the Castle and captures the Sorceress, forcing He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Teela and a Thenorian locksmith called Gwildor to flee through a portal to Earth. They are aided by a teenage couple and a police detective in finally defeating the forces of evil. One of those teenagers was Courtney Cox of Friends, Scream fame in a very early role.

In November 2012 a new character was created. to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the toys 1st launch there was a create a character competition and the winning entry was for Castle Greyskullman!! I don't own this toy, in fact I'd never even heard of it but looking at this picture it is one sweet action figure!


***********************************************

     

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...