Friday, June 1

Fallout 76 - The Spirit of '76


So Bethesda have dropped a massive bolt from the blue in the shape of a teaser video for something called Fallout 76. It's not the direct follow-up to Fallout 4 I don't think but no-one quite knows what it is just yet, with rumours, suppositions and memes flying around all over. Will it be MMO? Will it be co-op play? Online only? We just don't know yet!! Bethesda will be dropping more info at E3 on June 10th I think it is. I just hope it is something that I can get into. The trailer sure has got me excited. (Check out my Fallout blog)

For some reason the vault number 76 reminded me of an old Marvel Comics superhero called Spirit of '76. He fought during WWII and replaced Captain America at one point when everybody thought he was dead. Spirit of '76 refers to 1776, it was a zeitgeist of patriotic pride around the time of the Declaration of Independence exemplified by Thomas Jefferson

In Fallout 4 being set around Boston it harked back to a lot of the American Revolutionary era with the Minute Men and Piper's paper Publick Occurrences. I am wondering if Fallout 76 with it's talk of rebuilding soon after the Fallout has settled will be in that 1776 spirit with it's "attitude of self-determination and individual liberty." 

Anyway, we'll soon find out, fingers crossed that it will be something awesome



   

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...