Wednesday, January 2

Counting Comics - 26

DC = 7260
Marvel = 301
Others = 65



Manhunter #1
Cover
I didn't realise that these were all reprints from Detective Comics, I guess he must have been the back story in these books. These appeared from #437 - #443 and involve the Manhunter Paul Kirk,  a former big game hunter who is being pursued by an Interpol agent whilst he tries to find and take down The Council who brought him back to life through cloning.

Manhunter (2004 - 09)
1 - 38
Cover
This series starred Kate Spencer, the first female super-hero to assume the alias of Manhunter. One of the previous Manhunters, Mark Shaw, became a regular supporting character in the series midway through its run. Kate Spencer was a federal prosecutor who grew increasingly tired of seeing guilty criminals evade punishment. Copperhead, a criminal on trial for multiple murders and cannibalism, avoids a death sentence and escapes from custody after killing two guards. Angry, Kate stole equipment from an evidence room and killed Copperhead. Calling herself Manhunter, Kate blackmailed a former weapons manufacturer for numerous villains named Dylan Battles — who was in the Witness Protection Program — into building, maintaining, and upgrading her armor, weapons, and gadgets to arm her crusade against criminals who escaped punishment by the law.


Captain Atom: Armageddon (2005 - 06)
1 - 9
Cover
It seemed that Captain Atom had sacrificed himself destroying a Kryptonite Meteor that was heading for Earth at the conclusion of the “Public Enemies” arc in Superman/Batman, but he was actually blasted into the Wildstorm Universe. He proves to be a threat to that universes existence and has to deal with The Authority and others trying to kill him.

Blood of the Demon (2005 - 06)
1 - 17
Cover
John Byrne ignored much of the continuity (i.e. Harry Matthews is human, and not a pillow with human facial features) that took place after Kirby's initial run. I don't think he did rhymes either but I need to re-read this again soon I reckon. He did a fine job of the art though for sure with Etrigan looking very demonic.

Voodoo #2 (1997)
See the source image
Image comic, only have the one so I may as well see if I can sell/trade it.

Marc Spector: Moon Knight
28, 29, 31, 36, 38, 41
Marc Spector Moon Knight Vol 1 28
I think I have some more of these in another box somewhere, I'll have to locate them, reunite them and work of if it's worth trying to get a run together of them, I always did like Moon Knight but I don't think I have a significant number of them at all.

Promethea
11, 13, 14

Alan Moore created this for America's Best Comics and I have the whole in trades I think, plus I think I have more of these elsewhere in my collection too, so these might have to be sold off to make money and space for the titles I REALLY want. I do recommend these comics actually, it's a really cool read, a bit brain taxing at times but good stuff outside of the usual superhero fare.

Lady Constantine #3 (2003)
Cover
A 4 parter about one of John Constantine's ancestors. I do end up finding the other 3 from this run, it's annoying how my comics get all mixed up in my collection.

Hellblazer
64 - 68
Cover
More comics that have become strangely estranged from their run.

The Titans (1999 - 03)
1 - 50
Cover
This series written by Devin K. Grayson brought together characters from previous incarnations of the Teen Titans and the New Titans as well as reuniting the original founding members. Issue 1 starts with the team made up of Argent, Arsenal, Cyborg, Damage, Troia, Flash, Jesse Quick, Nightwing, Starfire & Tempest.


This week's totals are = 

DC = 121
Marvel = 6
Others = 4

The totals so far come to =

DC = 7381
Marvel = 307
Others = 69

Come back next week to see some more of my comics

      


***********************************



***********************************

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel




And add my Facebook page too!!

1 comment:

Jada said...

This was great to read, thanks

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...