Thursday, September 13

Counting Comics - Part 10

My count at the moment is - 
DC = 2249
Marvel = 53
Others = 27

There's a heck of a lot of comics in this batch, these were the last regular books I bought back in 2013 and they were never sorted into their proper piles so it's a bit of a mish-mash of titles. Some of them got a bit damaged and curled up. I went to a comic shop I never knew was nearby and bought a couple of longboxes and some comic covers. I also bought a couple of new 'birthday books' see my blog about them HERE

My mate gave me some old comics he owned too and I got an Ebay buy which I take a look at HERE

I did a lucky dip buy on Ebay too HERE

After adding the books from these 3 blogs to my count I get
DC = 2286
Marvel = 59
Others = 53



Flash (2011 - 2013)
0 - 9, 11 - 14, 16, 17
Barry Allen is Flash is this New 52 book, I don't really have many memories of this era of DC comics, I was losing interest thanks to various factors going on at the time, not all comics related. I'll have to give these another read sometime I think. The art as ever is cool still.

Flash Annual (2012)

Captain Atom (2011 - 2012)
0 - 12
This seems to have been the full run of Captain Atom here, it's a shame such a well know character couldn't run to a longer story arc. Mind you this is a new take on the hero with a new origin and slightly different powers. It's not the 1st reimagining he's had though, starting out as scientist Allen Adam in Charlton comics created by writer Joe Gill and artist/co-writer Steve Ditko, and first appearing in Space Adventures #33 (March 1960). When DC acquired the rights he became Airforce pilot Nathaniel Adam, when he had his own book following on from Crisis on Infinite Earths, he also became the villain Monarch for a while and was even reimagined entirely as the character Breach.


Batman Unseen (2010)
3, 4

Batgirl (2000 - 2006)
1 -  73
The Cassandra Cain character was created by writer Kelley Puckett and penciler Damion Scott. She first appeared in Batman #567 (July 1999). Apparently this was the 1st on-going Batgirl book.

Batgirl Annual # 1 (2000)

Batgirl (2008 - 2009)
1 - 6

Batgirl
14, 15, 16
Cassandra Cain is the fourth Batgirl. Born with the assassins David Cain and Lady Shiva as her parents, she was conceived and trained from birth with the intention of creating the perfect bodyguard for Ra's al Ghul. Her father deprived her of speech so she would learn movement and physicality as her first language. Batman adopted her into the Batman Family during No Man's Land, to replace Helena Bertinelli as Batgirl. Cassandra would eventually turn her Batgirl costume over to Stephanie Brown, and become a member of Batman Incorporated as Black Bat. She later takes up the name Orphan.

DC Universe Presents:
Deadman/Challengers of the Unknown (2011 - 2012)
1 - 8
This was a bit confusing, I thought I had 2 titles there Deadman and Challengers but I realise now that both were under the DCU Presents banner. With the New 52 Deadman's story has a few tweaks to it, in this he had led a selfish life and after being killed he is made to atone by possessing people and setting things right in their lives to avoid being sent to Hell.

Nightmaster: Monsters of Rock (2011)
Nightmaster is forced to confront his enemy Lord Meh for the fate of Myrra and his Shadowpact teammates. Unfortunately Nightmaster is followed by an annoying, aging fan from his hippie rock star days. haha this makes me laugh as a big heavy metal fan my 1st ever gig was the Monsters of Rock 1988 with Iron Maiden headlining!!


Reign of Doomsday: Steel #1 (2011)
A plot by Lex Luthor to use some Doomsdays to hunt down the 4 Supers who stood in for Superman when he died; Steel, Superboy, Eradicator and the Cyborg Superman. I'm not sure if I ever got the rest of the story of this arc as it crossed into quite a few books.


I, Vampire (2012)
7, 8
These characters 1st appeared in House of Mystery, this New 52 book ran for 20 issues. I can't remember anything about it I am sure I only got these as they crossed over with a book I was reading.


Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search for Swamp Thing (2011)
1 - 3
I don't recall this comic at all, apparently Alec Holland is back alive and Constantine wants to find and reunite him with The Green as Swamp Thing.

Flashpoint (2011)
4, 5
I think the rest of these must be in my Flash pile, which I am sure will be in the next Counting Comics video, I will go into some detail about it then.

Green Latern: New Guardians (2011 - 2013)
0 - 16
The team consists of representatives of each of the Corps that tap into a particular portion of the emotional spectrum. Its original members were Kyle Rayner (Green Lantern Corps), Arkillo (Sinestro Corps), Bleez (Red Lantern Corps), Glomulus (Orange Lantern Corps), Munk (Indigo Tribe), Saint Walker(Blue Lantern Corps) and Fatality (Star Sapphires). The group disbands in issue #0 (September 2012), and reforms in issue #13 with Kyle Rayner, Arkillo and new members Carol Ferris and Atrocitus. Larfleeze joins in issue #15.

War of the Green Lanterns: Aftermath (2011)
1 - 2

Green Lantern (2011)
67

Green Lantern Emerald Warriors (2011)
7, 12
There's a few books here that should have been put away properly a long time ago instead of sitting on a shelf for 5 years!!

Green Lantern Corps (2011 - 2013)
old - 61 - 63
new 52 - 0 - 16
Annual #1

Green Lantern (2011 - 2013)
0 - 16
Annual #1 (2012)
This comes after Flashpoint and a war of Green Lanterns I think and Hal Jordan is kicked out of the Corps and replaced by Sinestro!! What??!! Really!! Guardians of Oa, you really are rather silly little blue twits aren't you??!!


Red Lanterns (2011 - 2013)
0 - 16 (2x#12)
I love Dex-Starr the Rage Lanterns cat, but I wouldn't want to get on it's bad side!!

Teen Titans (2011)
91

Titans (2010)
27

Teen Titans  (2013)
15, 16
I don't know where all my Titans books are, they must've gone into a long box somewhere, but I'll get to them soon enough and put these lone books with their families!

Secret Six (2011)
29, 32 - 36

Jusice Society of America (2011)
53, 54

Justice League of America (2011)
59, 60
These are another bunch of books that should have been put in with the rest of their run years ago, but I finally got around to it now,

Justice League (2011 - 2013)
0 - 14

Justice League Dark (2011 - 2013)
0 - 1, 3 - 16
Annual # 1 (2012)
Justice League Dark originally featured John Constantine, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Shade, the Changing Man, and Zatanna. The team consists of the more supernatural members of the DC Universe, handling situations deemed outside the scope of the traditional Justice League.


JLA + The 99 (2010 - 2011)
1 - 6
Teshkeel Media Group, is a company that has been publishing select Arabic translations of DC Comics since 2006. The 99 is a superteam, created by Naif Al-Mutawa and published by Teshkeel Comics, featuring a team of superheroes with special abilities based on the 99 attributes of Allah in Islam. The 2 teams join up to help out when a series of earthquakes rock the City of Tomorrow in the Arabian peninsula.


Before Watchmen (2012 - 2013)
Ozymandias 1 - 6
Silk Spectre 1 - 4
Rorschach 1 - 4
Moloch 1- 2
Dollar Bill  1
Nite Owl 1 - 4
Minutemen 1 - 6
Dr. Manhatten 1 - 4
Comedian 1 - 6
This set totals to 37 books with a set of mini-series all based as prequels to the 1986 12-issue Watchmen series. There was some controversary with people thinking that the Watchmen series was sacrosanct and shouldn't ever be messed with, I suspect more people were excited to see these characters in brand new stories. I was kind of excited but I'm not too sure they lived up to the hype but that just might've been my over expectation of them.

Earth 2 (2012 - 2013)
0 - 9
This series takes place in a parallel Earth known as Earth 2, where super-heroes are known as Wonders of the World. Additionally, the people of Earth 2 have re-imagined back-stories, powers, and characteristics to that of their Prime Earth counterparts.


Batman Detective Comics (2011 - 2013)
old run
879 - 881
New 52
0 - 16 (2x#15)
Annual

Batman (2011 - 2013)
0 - 2, 4 - 14, 16, 17
Annual

Brightest Day (2010 - 2011)
0 - 24
The Atom Special (2010)
Green Arrow #7
Untold Tales of Blackest Night # 1 (2010)
The series follows the thirteen heroes and villains who were resurrected at the end of the Blackest Night readjusting to returning to life. This includes Aquaman, Captain Boomerang, Deadman, Firestorm, Hawk, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Jade, Martian Manhunter, Max Lord, Osiris and Professor Zoom.

Justice League International (2011 - 2012)
1 - 12
Annual (2012)
I think this is the whole run of this book.


Hellblazer 
276, 281 - 299
Annual 2011
I went through some of these books in an earlier video/blog and here is the ending of this series although I don't have 300!! Grrrrr!!! I can only imagine my comic shop messed up my books, I have a few doubles from this era too thanks to them. 😕


Blue Beetle (2011 - 2013)
0 - 2, 4 - 16
This is volume 9 of Blue Beetle!! There've certainly been quite a few runs of Beetle books, he's probably had more that some of the more well know heroes. This is the 3rd BB Jaime Reyes, I'm not sure if Ted Kord is around in the New 52 I think he might've been another Blue Beetle in a Charlton Comics universe. I'd like to have seen a set of books starring those guys, BB, The Question, Captain Atom, Judo Master, Nightshade, Peace Maker and Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt.


The Savage Hawkman (2011 - 2013)
0 - 14
Carter Hall is Hawkman here.


Red Hood and the Outlaws # 1

Stormwatch
3, 7

DC Comics The New 52 # 1

The New 52 # 1

The New 52 
DC Universe Presents # 0

Suicide Squad # 14

Batman and Robin (2011 - 2013)
0 - 1, 3 - 16
From 18 onwards the book had Batman teaming up with other members of the Bat-family after Robin, his son Damien Wayne is killed in Batman, Inc #8 battling the Heretic.

Knight & Squire (2010 - 2011)
1 - 6
This is a great look at the United Kingdom in the DC Universe. Hey it's a book based in my city, London!! Yay!! There are some cool, slightly hokey characters involed but it's a bit of fun, there is a team of evil cricketers called the 1st Eleven 😄 Shame this isn't an ongoing series!!

Demon Knights (2011 - 2013)
0 - 14 (2x#13)
Hey this has got Etrigan the Demon in it, damn right I had to buy it.
Set in ancient times this group of fantastic adventurers led by Madam Xanadu and Jason Blood (Etrigan's host), is the beginning of the modern day team Stormwatch. The team also had Vandal Savage, Shining Knight, The Horsewoman, Al Jabr and Exoristos.



Batman Hidden Treasures

Batman/Catwoman: Follow the Money

Batman Incorporated #1

Hawk & Dove (2011)
1, 2
This book only ran for 8 issues, which is really bad, but I have no idea why I only have the 2 issues? I didn't cancel it as I loved those characters, so I have no idea what went on there!


Batman/Superman
86, 87

Futurama Comics #31

Joker's Asylum: Two-Face #1
I am sure I got the whole set of these, so why I only have one here is a mystery and why it was dirty in a sleeve with a Futurama comic that I never collected is an even bigger mystery!


Catwoman #14

Batwoman
0, 7

Batman Orphans
1, 2


Batman Gotham Knights (2000 - 2006)

1 - 74
The original intent of this book was to feature the exploits of Batman and his extended family, such as Alfred Pennyworth, Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin, Oracle, and Catwoman, among others. The latter section of the run, however, came to focus much more upon his enemies.

The series also featured the popular "Batman: Black and White" back-up strip, which allowed various artists with widely varying styles to do their take on the Dark Knight in a black and white format. These back-up strips are also collected in trade paperbackform.

So my calculator makes that 573 DC comics, though to be honest I came up with 3 different answers thanks to all the doubles and 0 numbers! I gave up and just decided that number is close enough!

So that leaves me with a total so far of

DC = 2859
Marvel = 59
Others = 53

Come back next week when I'll be fudging figures and talking about more of my comics!!

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...