Thursday, September 6

My birthday goodies


Another year older but at least I got some goodies to soften the blow!! 😃

New threads!!
Twilight Zone T-shirt
and Batman lounge pants!!
I've been doing some Twilight Zone themed shows with my heavy metal High Speed Hangover Podcast so this T-shirt was a must have for my geeky collection.

I also made sure to stay up to date with my superhero film collection, I got these two films and Infinity War is in the post too! I think I saw all of these at the cinema but it's nice to add them to my library.

Then for comics I got the next 3 books of the collected Saga series by Brian K Vaughn and Fiona Staples, I got the 1st two for Christmas and really enjoyed them so I am looking forward to reading these. Check out my review of the 1st two volumes HERE.

Then for classic comics I got this great book of Hawk & Dove, I think this is the initial run of Hank & Don Hall the brothers who became Hawk & Dove that ran from September 1968 to June/July 1969. The characters were created by legend Steve Ditko and Steve Skeates and debuted in Showcase #75 in June 1968. I've just checked the book notes and it features all these books, the debut, the 6-parter mini-series and an appearance in Teen Titans #21. I've gotta say I was stoked to get this book, I read the 80's series, if memory serves me correctly there was a mini in '88 with art by Rob Liefeld (this was the name I couldn't remember from the video) and an on-going book from '89 by Karl & Barbara Kesel. Dove had died during Crisis on Infinite Earths and was replaced by Dawn Granger.


I also bought myself a few presents, I've hit on the plan to buy comics that are cover dated for the month/year that I was born, so all from September 1969. Here's the video I did of these books and check out the full blog too for more info.


I also got some non-geeky music, a couple of CDs one from my mate Vik Bub of his band Gore Shriek and the other of Corpus Mortale who I saw at a Death Metal all-dayer years ago where I was dressed up as Santa giving away presents to the punters!!


************************************************

    



Please subscribe to my YouTube channel



And add my Facebook page too!!

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...