Wednesday, September 12

My Birthday Books - 2

I managed to pick up some more of my 'birthday books', these are comics that came out the same month that I did September 1969.
Check out my 1st blog on this HERE

I went to a local comic shop that I had no idea was even there!! When I posted up a previous videos a guy from the band Void asked if I shopped there and I never knew it existed despite the fact it's been there 20 years or something!!
I recognised the owner as he had a stall at Walthamstow market and I'd seen him there once or twice. I recall he recommended the Astro City books to me years ago and you can see I like them as I mentioned them in a YouTube channel competition HERE

Here's the video of my latest 'Birthday book' plus some 50p bargain books that I also picked up.

Adventure Comics #384
Story - Cary Bates
Art - Win Mortimer, Jack Abel
Cover - Curt Swan, Murphy Anderson
Grade - VG+
This was a cool daft read with Supergirl using the Fortress of Solitude computer as a dating tool to pick the ideal partner for her. It finds Volar of the planet Torma so she flies off to meet him. The planet is very misogynistic with women viewed as far inferior to men, the people boo her for helping them! No spoilers but the relationship does not pan out. 😁

Justice League of America #74

Story - Dennis O'Neil
Art - Dick Dillin, Sid Greene
Cover - Neal Adams
Grade - VG
With Earth 2 close to destruction and the Justice Society of America - Superman (Kal-L), Dr. Fate, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Wonder Woman (Diana Trevor), Dr. Mid-Nite, Black Canary (Dinah Drake Lance)- close to death the Justice League of America of Earth 1 made up of The Atom (Ray Palmer), Batman, Flash (Barry Allen), Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Hawkman and Superman rush to the rescue. When they arrive the villain Aquarius uses his powers to force the JSA to attack their Earth 1 JLA allies.

Daredevil #56
 Story - Roy Thomas
Art - Gene Colan, Syd Shores
Cover - Gene Colan
Grade - FN-
This is my 1st Marvel one of my 'birthday books' I was going to get the DC books 1st but the comic shop had this one in so I snapped it up. I have to say I did enjoy this book, it seemed more sophisticated than the DC ones with a more serious tone. It wasn't without faults but it was pretty cool. A nice mention of H. P. Lovecraft that always works for me and a ghostly villain called Death's Head.

*******************************************

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

And add my Facebook page too!!

    

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...