Wednesday, September 12

The Dark Knight and the Albino Antihero

It was my birthday recently and I've started on a bit of a comic collecting bug again and here's a couple of little sets I picked up recently.

1st up here's a little run, the 1st 13 issues of Legends of the Dark Knight Vol. 2 from 2012 - 13 and I've just discovered when looking that this was the whole run! I just went through Vol. 1 of this title on a recent Counting Comics blog/video which ran for over 200 issues so I am surprised this run fell about 200 short of that run.




Also, in what I think is a great story, my mate Elric gave me his run of Elric comics!! I've read a few of the Michael Moorcock books featuring the character and I even read a story of him in an issue of Marvel's mature anthology book 'Epic' back in the late 80's I think. I may have misspoke in the video where I discussed Moorcock's link to the Space Rock band Hawkwind, it has something to do with the art I am sure but I can't remember what the link was exactly!


Elric first appeared in print in Moorcock's novella "The Dreaming City" (Science Fantasy No. 47, June 1961). Moorcock's doomed albino antihero is one of the better known in fantasy literature, having crossed over into a wide variety of media, such as role-playing games, comics, music, and film. The stories have been continuously in print since the 1970s.

Aha! According to Wikipedia -
The Chronicle of the Black Sword is a 1985 album by UK space rock band Hawkwind. Moorcock and Hawkwind had, at this stage, collaborated a number of times. An expanded live album, Live Chronicles, was released in 1986. This included several spoken-word interludes by author Moorcock in his capacity as on-stage narrator. The live show also included a mime artist portraying Elric himself. A video concert film entitled The Chronicle of the Black Sword appeared on VHS and later on DVD.

So that's it for this blog, please feel free to leave a comment

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

And add my Facebook page too!!

*****************************************

    

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...