Wednesday, September 5

Counting Comics - Part 9

So I started today's count with
DC = 1972
Marvel = 53
Others = 27

I bought myself some birthday books too, which I did a blog about HERE, go check it out, some nice books. 
So that's another 5 to add to my count

And now onto today's count

Trinity

1 - 52
Trinity was a weekly year-long event, similar to 52 (Volume 1) and Countdown (Volume 1), which ran from June 2008 - July 2009. Written by Kurt Busiek and Fabian Nicieza, with art by Mark Bagley, Scott McDaniel, Tom Derenick, and Mike Norton. Like 52, but unlike Countdown, it is an entirely self-contained story. Unlike either of its predecessors, which focused on the lesser developed characters of the DC universe this revolves around the relationship between the DCU Trinity, the Big Three, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Its publication also coincides with that of Final Crisis.

Each issue of Trinity has two stories; the main one, focusing on the Trinity themselves, and the backup, focusing on other characters involved in the overall storyline. The main story is written by Busiek, with art by Bagley, (this was his 1st book with DC after a long Marvel run), while the backup has Busiek and Nicieza co-plotting, Nicieza scripting, and a number of art teams.

In 2016, as part of the DC Rebirth, DC Comics launched a second Trinity comic book series featuring Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.



Batman: Legends of the Dark Knights

0 - 144, 146 - 214

Annuals
1,2, 4 - 7
As mentioned in the video this is an anthology book with different creative teams working on stories, varying in length from 1 to 5 parts. The series takes inspiration from Batman: Year One and the stories are generally set in the early years of the character's career. It also does not follow any sort of chronological order as the stories could be set at any point in Batman's past. Generally, the stories are not specific about the time period they take place in and do not reference anything in the larger DC Universe history. It also, for the most part, eschewed appearances by other DC universe characters save for Batman, Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner Gordon, and Batman's rogues gallery. Ostensibly, the stories are part of Batman's Post-Crisis continuity but are written in a way that avoids pigeonholing them into anything specific. Hardly any of the stories are referenced in other comics with perhaps the only exception is Venom which formed as the basis for the creation of the villain, Bane.



(I pretty much just copied and pasted that straight from dc.wikia.com, cos I was feeling lazy)

Anyway after today's count I have -
DC = 2249
Marvel = 53
Others = 27

I also need to report that I found another stack of long boxes that I'd forgotten about!! I can't recall if it was 5 or 6 boxes but it rather pleased me anyway!

********************************************

 
***********************************

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

And add my Facebook page too!!


No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...