Wednesday, July 11

Counting Comics - Part 1

I am going to start counting my comics. I had to stop collecting back in 2013 due to cash shortage and I want to properly document how many and what comics I have. So I am going to start going through them and make some videos chatting about them as I go.



So in this 1st video I just show you my boxes and shelves in my very messy house, as you can see I have quite of few of them. This is the earliest one that I can remember buying off the shelf at the time it came out back in 1979. 

So I make that 35 years of comic collecting although I didn't go crazy with collecting Super Hero comics until 1986 I think. I'm guessing that as I can recall that Blue Beetle, Ted Kord was the 1st comic I collected from the start of it's run til it's finish and that began in 86. I used to collect a load of British fun & action comics like Whizzer & Chips, Buster, Monster Fun, Cheeky Weekly, Tiger, Eagle, Speed, Nutty and loads more but I have since sold them all apart from my 2000ADs on Ebay, which is a shame as I could've done videos on those too!

I need ideas on some manner of cataloguing my comics, I think there are some cool programmes or websites you can do it on, so I need to work that out.

So by this video I have 14 long boxes, 11 short boxes and a fair few on some shelves. A quick search tells me a long box holds around 275-325 comics and a short box 150 - 175. So just in the boxes alone I'd estimate somewhere between 5,500 & 6,475 comics. I would guess it's towards the larger number as I stuffed those boxes to almost bursting I reckon.

I started out getting mostly Marvel I think, collecting most of the titles at some point or other. I gradually converted to DC though, I can't recall how it happened really. I know the X-Men books annoyed me with their deliberate over complication and convoluted plots and Spider-man's angst ridden character that never seemed to resolve any plot lines made me stop caring. So I fully expect there to be more DC than Marvel in my collection but we'll see. If you watch my videos over the months you'll see that I have some cool classic Marvel titles in my boxes too. 

I will try and do these videos on a weekly basis, please leave a comment, correct me on any mistakes, share your comic memories etc as I get disheartened easily so a bit of encouragement and feedback always helps.

**************************************

      

************************************************


Please subscribe to my YouTube channel



And add my Facebook page too!!

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...