Friday, July 6

Nextflix Reviews - Tau

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews


Julia, (Maika Monroe), awakens in a cell along with 2 other prisoners, all of them captured to be tested and experimented on by Alex, (Ed Skrein), a cold, enigmatic science genius who is working on perfecting artificial intelligence. Seemingly without morals or emotion, Alex has implanted devices into his captives necks that collects data from them that needs to be tested and eventually extracted, a process that will prove fatal. 

Julia manages to free herself from the cell but is still trapped in Alex's house which is full of high tech drones and a security robot that stops anyone from escaping. These are controlled by an earlier AI creation, Tau, who Alex commands to make Julia take on a series of mental tests every day when he is out of the house.

The company he works for are on a deadline and time is running out, he has only so many days to test and remove her implant. The countdown is on for her to try and escape before she dies. Her only chance of escape is to convince Tau the AI to help her. Can she find more humanity from a computer than she can from the emotionless Alex?

I don't want to give any spoilers so I'll leave this review like that, it's a good film though with a cool concept, decent script, good acting and it's well paced. There is some gore but it's more a sci-fi thriller with some good tense scenes than a horror. Can Julia convince Tau to go against it's programming and help her? What makes a person a person? 

I was surprised when looking at the cast to find that Gary Oldman voiced Tau, I certainly never recognised him.

******************************

Also starring Maika Monroe
    

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...