Saturday, October 27

13 Nights of Halloween - Night 8

 Join me if you dare for a tale of terror. this haunted yarn is from The Witching Hour #4 (Sep, 1969).

The Witching Hour was an American comic book horror anthology published by DC Comics from 1969 to 1978.

The series was published for 85 issues from February–March 1969 to October 1978. Its tagline was "It's 12 o'clock... The Witching Hour!" and was changed to "It's midnight..." from issue #14 onwards. The series was originally edited by Dick Giordano, who was replaced by Murray Boltinoff with issue #14. Nick Cardy was the cover artist for The Witching Hour for issues #1–6, 11–12, 15–16, 18–52, and 60. Stories in the comic were "hosted" and introduced by three witches, Morded, Mildred, and Cynthia.

After The Witching Hour's cancellation as a result of the "DC Implosion", the title was merged with The Unexpected until issue #209. The witches were later revived along with the hosts of the companion series House of Secrets and House of Mystery as important characters in Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.

Pencilers - Win Mortimer
Inkers - George Roussos



***********************************



      

***********************************

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

And add my Facebook page too!!

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...