Friday, January 12

Nextflix Reviews - Don't Kill It (2016)

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews

Dolph Lundgren - The Punisher, Drago, He-Man!

Wow, I just started watching this film on Netflix I put it on in the background whilst doing some other reviews and I gotta say I am hooked now. It's got a great opening 10 minutes with about 5 murders a bar brawl and a sex scene that turns into a nightmare dream then Dolph Lundgren this films star and star of seemingly hundreds of B-movies wakes up in bed with his boots on!! 

So in a nutshell, something is possessing people in the Mississippi town of Chickory Creek and making them kill indiscriminately. If you protect yourself using lethal force then the possession passes on to you and you start killing everyone in sight! Hence the title of the movie Don't Kill It. Dolph plays Jebediah Woodley a demon hunter tracking the demon doing the possessing and in typical fashion is marked down as a lunatic by the local police Chief Dunham (Tony Bentley) and FBI investigator Evelyn Pierce (Kristina Klebe). When his story is shown to tally up with the facts they start to trust him and the hunt for the demon begins. The film doesn't take itself too seriously and although not an outright comedy there are a few moments, like the protracted murder spree where the demon passes around from one would be saviour turned demon to another. All to a soundtrack that is too up-tempo and rocking to be suitable for a serious film. Throw in a subplot of an angel, some religious zealots and some interfering FBI and it's a fun hour and twenty minutes.



**********************************************************

Other cool Dolph Lundgren films

     

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...