Wednesday, April 25

To Boldy Watch - Part 1


OK a guy named Allan Swain posted in the Geek Asylum group on Facebook that "it would take roughly 23 days (556 hours) to watch all of the television episodes and movies in the entire Star Trek franchise, as they were aired on television or released in the theatres (this does not include director's cuts, added scenes, remastered episodes, or any other modifications - but does remove commercials)."

These are the figures according to him, (I am far too lazy to fact check!)

Television Series
The Original Series
79 episodes x 50 minutes each = 3,950 minutes

The Animated Series
22 episodes x 23 minutes each = 506 minutes

The Next Generation
178 episodes x 44 minutes each = 7,832 minutes

Deep Space Nine
176 episodes x 43 minutes each = 7,568 minutes

Voyager
172 episodes x 43 minutes each = 7,396 minutes

Enterprise
98 episodes x 42 minutes each = 4,116 minutes

Discovery
11 episodes x 45 minutes each = 495 minutes
Total = (531 hours / ~22 days)


Movies
The Motion Picture - 132 minutes
Wrath of Khan - 112 minutes
Search for Spock - 105 minutes
The Voyage Home - 122 minutes
The Final Frontier - 106 minutes
The Undiscovered Country - 110 minutes
Generations - 118 minutes
First Contact - 111 minutes
Insurrection - 103 minutes
Nemesis - 116 minutes
Star Trek (2009) - 127 minutes
Into Darkness - 133 minutes
Beyond - 122 minutes

Total = (25.25 hours / ~1 day)







I recently watched and thoroughly enjoyed the Netflix series Star Trek Discovery, go read my review of it HERE. So that's 1 series and 495 minutes already done, although I think it's got 15 episodes not 11 so perhaps Allan did these calculations before that series ended but that's cool as it means I am even further along my Star Trek journey than I thought!! I'm not quite at Warp Factor 5 but that's 1 down at least!

I already own the box set of the Animated Series which I haven't watched fully yet, so I'll get cracking with that and post updates/thoughts/reviews as I go.


   

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...