Monday, April 30

Nextflix Reviews - Ultimate Beastmaster

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews


Netflix has 2 seasons of this fun show available right now and a 3rd has been commissioned. Every week competitors of teams from six different countries compete on a mega-assault course known as The Beast for cash prizes. The team countries change from season to season with USA being the only constant which makes sense as this is where it is filmed. It's one of them shows that I suppose your view changes on dependent on your age and fitness level. For an old unhealthy bum like me, I'd watch and be impressed by the fitness of some folks and thought, "Woo not me thanks, you wouldn't catch my meaty butt trying out this kind of strenuous shenanigans!" I suppose for some folk they'd look at it and think, "How do I sign up" but it definitely wouldn't be for me. It wore me out just watching it.

How can I describe it? It's more serious than Ultimate Wipeout, kind of akin to the Japanese assault course show Ninja Warrior but concentrating on country teams rather than individuals. It's pretty mindless stuff but also slightly compelling as you want to see which contestants manage the frankly hard as heck course. Also each country team has it's own duo of presenters with lots of silly banter between them, pretending to mock the other teams and big-up their own country people.

This is one of those shows that I left playing in the background whilst I was working on other stuff on my laptop. Whilst the hosts were talking I could listen in but only needed to look up really once in a while when a contestant hit the assault course. It was fun, the banter was a laugh, silly but friendly,  the contestant camaraderie and feats of agility, strength and endurance were cool to observe and you found yourself rooting for everybody pretty much. It was no foregone conclusion either, players who stormed one stage might fail another, different statures and skills benefited at different times on the course. The winner of each of the 1st nine episodes went forward to the last show of the series to find out who was the Ultimate Beastmaster of the title. Harmless, entertaining stuff, roll on season 3, let's have from competitors from the UK this time so I can cheer them on.

********************************************

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...