Saturday, April 28

Geek Tee friday - Marshal Law

Check out my other Geek Tee BLOGS


So I don't have a great deal of Geek shirts as most of my many, many shirts are Heavy Metal related and to be honest I have sooooooo many I really shouldn't buy any more. This though, this shirt gets a bye as I could not resist it. I never even knew they did Marshal Law shirts so as soon as I saw this I had to send me money. It was pretty cheap priced as well, like £11 incl. P&P I think!! Total bargain to my mind.


Marshal Law is not a hero, he hates heroes, he hunts them in fact. In the future in the city of San Futuro, a post earthquake big one San Francisco, he is a lawman. In the war heroes were genetically engineered as soldiers, now the conflict is over traumatized super powered war veterans roam the streets, many in gangs causing mayhem. It's Law's job to take down the rogue 'heroes', a job that he relishes.


Marshal Law comics are "a satire on the superhero genre as well as a deconstruction of the superheroes of the Golden Age and Silver Age. The series is characterized by its extreme graphic violence and nudity, and Mills' skewering of superhero conventions and US government policy and society.

Created by Pat Mills & Kevin O'Neill, Marshal Law 1st appeared in Marvel comics Epic line, before moving house 1st to Toxic! a cult but short lived UK comic then Dark Horse then back to Epic again for a 2-parter. He has also crossed over with characters such as The Mask & Pinhead from the Hellraiser movies. There was talk for a long time about a Marshal Law movie but nothing seems to have come to fruition and he's not featured in a new comic since 2002 and that was just a cameo in 2000AD. Mind you another old Toxic! comic star Accident Man recently came out as a movie so there is still hope I guess. I'd also love to see him be reprised in comics for the current generation used to all the superhero blockbuster movies. Law Vs. Thanos would be a laugh, the Marshal would probably stick the Infinity Gauntlet right up Thanos' forbidden zone with a couple of nukes attached and I bet he'd find an inventive way to do in Deadshot!


   

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...