Wednesday, April 25

Nextflix Reviews - Temple

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews


Why is it that tourists, adventurers, archaeologists, whoever never listen to the locals in these movies anyway? Well I suppose that is the trope isn't it, they have to ignore the locals advise about never venturing into a place or we'd have no movie at all!! It reminds me of that comedy short in the style of a horror film trailer called "Hell No!" The sensible horror movie where the protagonists don't go onto the moors or read the dark tome they've been warned against. I'll post the video here if I can find it.


The particular advise ignored in this film by 3 American tourists in Japan is to not visit a deserted mountain temple. A bookseller refuses to sell them a book about it at 1st, another person tells them it is an "unlucky" place, then when they reach the village beneath the temple in the mountains they are told what happened to a previous visitor there. He came down again holding his eyes, no not covering his eyes, holding them in his outstretched palm.

Surprise, surprise they still go anyway and the story is told within a framework where a very much worse for wear survivor of the night is explaining what happened to the Japanese authorities. The film is only 1hour & 18 minutes long and I think it takes 40 minutes to actually get to the temple. Then a few things happen in the shadows and there's some crying but it just seems to be over really quickly with out much being seen. There's what I guess is meant to be a twist of sorts but it's so obvious when it happens that I didn't even realise this was meant to be a clever reveal at all so there's no pay off at all. In summary, this isn't very scary at all, there's precious little for gore fans but at least it's short and I have seen a lot worse. There is just nothing in it to propel it into top recommendation status. Bland and unmemorable. 

*******************************************
Check out some cool cheap Horrors on Amazon



   

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...