Thursday, April 26

Nextflix Reviews - Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews

I saw this come up a while ago on Netflix and kind of pre-judged it, I thought it would be low budget, badly made rubbish but I am glad I was way off with that assessment as it's actually pretty good. OK it is daft, of course it is, the clues in the name but it's actually pretty funny with some good action and special effects. There are a few laugh out loud moments and some gross out stuff. 

So the local unpopular, cos it's soooo uncool, scout troop are off out on a camp. The scout leader gets infected early leaving just the 3 teenage boys in camp. Ben & Carter sneak out heading to a party, they are planning on quitting scouting soon anyway as they don't wanna lose their cool cred now they are getting older and want to get with girls. They only stuck around this long for their mate Augie who feels betrayed. I don't know why I bothered mentioning that who watches these comedy horrors for character story anyway? Really all you need to know is that it's 3 scouts and a cocktail waitress they meet up with running away from zombies A LOT and killing them in funny & inventive ways in an effort to stay alive.
The zombies are pretty fast and strong but seem to concentrate on throwing our heroes around more than biting them which helps. Animals are also affected by the virus too which you don't see very often in zombie films, there is one scene here that if not played for laughs would be very scary in a serious horror. They discover that the air force are going to bomb the town at 3AM and want to warn the people at the party before the zombies arrive there or the bombs get dropped on them. Lucky they have all their scout training to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

Scouts forever!

************************************
Check out some more zombie stuff HERE!

     

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...