Friday, May 4

Nextflix Reviews - The Babysitter

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews


My initial thoughts upon looking at this were that this would be a bit rubbish, I even switched it off after 2 minutes the 1st time I started to watch it but I eventually gave it a chance and actually really enjoyed it.

12 year old Cole Johnson is a timid pre-teen, his parents are a little overprotective, he's a tad wimpy, he gets bullied and he still has a babysitter. That last part is no bad thing though as his sitter Bee is a beautiful, vivacious and lovely young lady. She follows his love for geeky things, she's like a best friend, she sticks up for him, she believes in him and treats him like a beloved little brother almost. She is like the perfect girl and he is smitten. 

One night he sneaks out to spy on her and her friends when he is supposed to be asleep and that's when his ideas of the sort of person she is are shattered. 


She has far more sinister plans in store for him other than just looking after him and making sure he goes to bed on time. Plans that involve his blood, satanic rituals, sacrifices and demonic pacts. The rest of the night is spent with Cole battling to survive against Bee and her coven in a bloody series of confrontations. There is humour of the sick, daft kind especially in the always entertaining inventive death scenes. 

In summary a good entertaining little film, not necessarily a memorable classic but fun enough to be worth a watch, as long as you don't take your horror too seriously.

************************************

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...