Tuesday, May 1

Nextflix Reviews - Day of the Dead: Bloodline

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews


OK I am not one to slag off remakes and re-imaginings of old films just for the sake of it, I am not such a purist for the originals that I foam crazily at the mouth if anyone dares come along with a new idea on an old format but I can kind of see where this film may have pissed off those types majorly. 

So yeah this is a new idea on the classic old movie from 1985. The last dregs of humanity still linger underground, there is still a psychotic idiot in charge, the scientist faction still clash with the soldiers although the dynamic is a bit different here than in the original and there is still an experimental zombie captive, though he's called Max in this movie not Bub. He also doesn't act like any other movie zombie with the story being that he's the possible breakthrough for a vaccine cure. When he was fully alive he was a stalker, would be rapist who hounded scientist Zoe who now has him chained up so she can get his blood in order to find the cure.

The surviving human team is larger than in the original film but they are so dumb and incompetent that a zombie seems to be able to outwit them with ease. The acting is wooden, the characters are dumb as sacks and I genuinely didn't care for a single one of them. If this is the last of humanity they deserve to be rotter chow if you ask me. God damn it I'd eat the bloody idiots myself I think, the nasty psycho leader is almost the smartest out of the lot except for Max the zombie.

OK let me concentrate and think of some positives, the make up is good, the special effects and gore are pretty good, the action isn't too bad and the fact that most of the shuffling, shambling idiots die is good (although I am referring to the living as well as the dead here). The end is cheesy as hell but I am pretty damn certain it wont get a part 2 which is a blessed relief. Hmmm would a person who hasn't seen the original or even the 2008 remake like it? No, I don't think they would, the infuriating dumbness would annoy anyone I think. 

It's not too long a film and it may pass a few distracting minutes but don't expect it to either make your top 30 horror list or even to be remembered anytime in the future except for in the sentence "Hey do you remember that really crap Day of the Dead remake they made in 2018?"

Check out some more zombie stuff HERE!
**********************************************
Watch some of these instead!!

      

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...