Tuesday, May 8

Nextflix Reviews - Land of The Lost

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews


Quantum-Palaeontologist Dr. Rick Marshall, (Will Ferrell), plans to use time warps to solve the energy crisis by travelling to alternate worlds to get their fossil fuels and is ostracized by his peers as a crackpot reduced to teaching unruly schoolkids. He is approached at work by Holly Cantrell, (Anna Friel), who offers convincing proof of his theory's validity which prompts him to finish his "tachyon amplifier". They test the machine in a tachyon rich environment at a run down roadside theme park inside a ride called Devil's Canyon Mystery Cave and transport themselves and the ride operator Will Stanton (Danny McBride), to the Land of The Lost.

So this film is from 2009 I never realised it was so old actually, it's based on the old 1974 serial of the same name. I must admit to being vaguely aware of this movie but I never sought it out as I never watched the original series at all and I am also not a massive fan of Ferrell's movies either.  looking at the reviews of this it was pretty well panned by critics and was nominated for 8 Golden Raspberry Awards winning just the one for Worst Remake.
As comedies go it is pretty dire actually, they manage to get pretty much no laughs out of the situation whatsoever, much of the humour is daft or just plain silly and there are a couple of sex jokes too that seem incongruous in a 12 certificate. As a fantasy/Sci-fi adventure it's pretty weak too, there's peril and running but there's no sense of danger or tension ever.

So in summary, this got panned and it really does deserve it as an action/adventure/comedy it fails to have any of those 3 elements notably within it. The only redeeming feature is the lovely Anna Friel, aww she's so cute, like Lara Croft crossed with Pippi Longstocking.

***********************************************************************


     

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...