Saturday, May 5

Nextflix Reviews - Inside No. 9

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews

This is an award winning comedy/drama series that has just had it's 4th season with a 5th planned on the BBC. Brought to horrid life by Reece Shearsmith & Steve Pemberton, who made Psychoville and also make up half of the team who brought us the dark and sordidly comedic The League of Gentlemen. At the moment Netflix just has the 1st 2 seasons that I binge watched.

Each series is an anthology of 6 episodes with the only link from story to story being that all the action happens inside a house, flat, apartment which has the street number 9. I suppose this could change dependent on the tale, I can quite imagine a future story on a number 9 bus! The stories all have a dark, horror element to them in the main with elements of Hammer House of Horror mixed with Twilight Zone and Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected. The tone differs from story to story, some are just a little off kilter whilst some have dark endings and some provide a genuine little chill with a unique and sometimes powerful twist. 

I think it might have a sense of humour that could be too dark for some, just a bit too twisted for those of a nervous disposition perhaps but I enjoyed it. Some episodes resonate more than others but it's a series well worth watching I think. I hope the next 3 seasons hit Netflix soon.

*************************************

   

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...