Tuesday, May 29

Nextflix Reviews - Re:Mind

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews

This has the look to it of a Jigsaw type of horror, it has a chilling and intriguing premise although I have to say it fell a little flat for me and the potential was not realised. Eleven Japanese school girls wake up with red hoods over their heads fixed by foot manacles around a dinner table. They have no idea how they got there and no clue as to why they have been abducted and shackled. Over the course of 13 episodes they try and piece together what happened and who they offended to wind up in such a scary predicament.


The whole room is decked out with objects that are meant to trigger memories in the girls to prompt them to realise why they have been imprisoned. Every so often, normally after a confession of a memory to do with their missing school friend Miho, the clocks all chime the lights darken and a girl disappears.

As I said the story idea is good but I found the execution to be clunky and confusing and the subtitles didn't really help much with that I think. It has lots of young Japanese ladies shouting at each other and crying It was pretty unmemorable and didn't really have any horrors elements as such just a bit of mystery that I got bored of pretty quickly. It's also pretty unmemorable, I was anxious to get it over with as it was pretty uninspiring and I can't for the life of me even remember what happened in the end!! 

Apparently the main girl characters are members of the Japanese idol girl group Keyakizaka46, I have no idea what that even means... is that a pop band?

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...