Tuesday, May 1

Nextflix Reviews - The Toys that Made Us

Want to know what to 'watch next' on Netflix? Check out my Nextflix Reviews


Here's an interesting documentary about the creation and lives, (not sure if that's the right word?), of various great toys from history that you may well have owned and loved. Who invented them, how they were marketed, all kinds of history comes out about them. Some of them were short lived successes that blazed brightly and then faded away. Others have lasted over half a century and we learn how they've developed over the years and managed to maintain their popularity. The series is 8 episodes split into blocks of 4. The 1st 4 parts came out December 2017 with the next 4 coming in May 2018.
So far we've learned the origin stories of Star Wars, Masters of The Universe, Barbie and G.I. Joe and coming up we're getting the lowdown on Lego, Transformers, Hello Kitty and Star Trek toys. I can't say I remember any Star Trek toys particularly, perhaps they are running low on toys to feature but apparently not as there is a season 2 in the works already. So some of these toys I never played with or liked but it's still cool to meet the people behind the product and hear their story and quite often there are a few surprises. Who'd believe how cut-throat the world of Barbie could be?

************************************


     

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...